Sunday 8 January 2012

Gillan talks about departure from Who

Speaking on 'The Graham Norton Show', Karen Gillan admitted it's a "massive relief" to finally be able to discuss her alter-ego's departure from the series. "I've known about it for ages. It's such a massive relief that [the news] is out and I can speak freely about it.

"I'm back next year for a few episodes but it's not actually confirmed when I go."

Karen will depart 'Doctor Who' alongside her on-screen husband Arthur Darvill - who plays Rory Pond - and show boss Steven Moffat has previously revealed the pair's exit will be "heartbreaking".

He said: "The Ponds will be rejoining us next series. But the final days of the Ponds are coming, I am not telling you when and I won't say how. But that story is going to come to a heartbreaking end."

Meanwhile, the flame-haired actress has admitted she wants her alter-ego to be killed off so she can be remembered as a "good" companion to the time-travelling Doctor.

She recently said: "Death would be an option. I don't want Amy to pop up again every so often, because for me it would take away from the big, emotional goodbye.

"Once she's gone, she's gone. I want people to remember the Amy Pond era as a good one."

No comments:

Post a Comment