Wednesday 18 November 2009

A Letter to Auntie Beeb


Dear Auntie Beeb

Please forgive me for my recent confessions. I do love you dearly, and appreaciate all you have done for me over the years, from encouraging my appreciation in the natural world around me, especially through presenting the increadible library of work by the much admired Sir David Attenborough, to providing entertaining and thought provoking drama and science-fiction. Without your stories of Doctor Who and Blake´s 7 life would certainly be less colourful.

I hope you know I would not purposefully do anything to undermine your authority or lesson the respect within which you are viewed by so many. I hope you can understand my actions and the motivations I have had in undertaking them. I promise that I will be here to support you in every way possible in the future.

Having said this, you must also know that I will never be able to forgive you for the way you erased the great works of Messers Hartnell and Troughton in their portrayal of the Doctor. A sad loss to us all, one that I guess still wrangles with your financial accountants, and a classic example of short term gain and long term loss.

Love and best wishes
Magnus

PS If you can send me lots of free stuff relating to Doctor Who I would be very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment