Monday 16 November 2009

To blog or not to blog...

Not sure why I am doing this, I waste enough hours of my life on the net as it is! And if you are reading this then you probably do as well.

But having set up a Blogger account in order to follow a couple of other blogs, I find I have the power to create my own. What it will be about, if anything, remains to be seen. It may take me some time to organise a cool layout, and even longer to develop some content, but hell, why not hey. Everybody else does.

So, who am I? Well, I like a bit of mystery so might not say too much about that. Lets just see what comes out in the wash. But there are a few clues...

For those who know, my profile pic is not of my handsome self, although it does bear some similarities. No, its the War Chief from the classic BBC TV series Doctor Who. He appeared in Patrick Troughton´s last story, The War Games, and suppossedly died, but we all know baddies never die.

Add that together with the few blogs I already follow, and yes, you´ve guessed it, I´m a fan, or as we are called by some, a Whovian.



I can´t explain why I have developed such a relationship with a TV program which for much of my youth was a laughable and often embarrassing mess, but early memories of Tom Baker, maggots made of bubble-wrap and broken toilets (yep, in our house hinding behind the sofa was just not safe enough, so I used to hide in the downstairs toilet... until one day I broke it in such a rush to lock the door) made their impression on me before I could make a choice to save myself (and my pocket money). Followed by the rare and occassional BBC2 repeats - the Five Faces of Doctor Who is when I think I officially became a fan rather than just a viewer - and a mission to read all the Target books, and I´ve slowly become addicted. In those days before video if you missed an episode you thought you´d never see it... ever. I even used to record the soundtracks on cassette so I could listen to them again and again...

So, confession over, and now that I´ve come out of my TARDIS (or SIDRAT in my case), perhaps I´ll admit to a few more things... but all in good time...

No comments:

Post a Comment