Tuesday 19 October 2010

Paradigm Hybrid Dalek - Birth of a New Breed



I agree so much with whats said about this vid by it's creator I've got to repeat it here:

"What happens if you cross the shape of the original Cusick Daleks with the design features of the new McKinstry Daleks? Here is my hybrid.

I never disliked any specific design change of the 2010 Daleks, it was really all about the shape. The fixtures and fittings on the Daleks have been altered repeatedly down the years so I don't mind new eye-stalks, lights, gun, etc. I like the raised skirt panels - and the the new rear hatch is interesting as it harks back to Cusick's original unused plans.

For me, it's the shape which makes the New Dalek Paradigm so disagreeable. Their tops are not in scale to the skirts, and they lean forward. So, I thought it would be interesting to give them a straight spine once again and return them to their small stature and original proportions. They are, after all, supposed to be small, compact travel machines - not massive, cumbersome, immovable tanks."

I found this here, on the TARDIS Newsroom, an excellent blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment