Saturday 3 April 2010

The Eleventh Hour


Not sure about the new title sequence, or theme, but I'm sure it will grow on me. Good intro for Amy episode, and our new Doc, with the obligitory 'saving humanity from destruction' storyline thrown in as well. Really, he should know us all better than that and not bother. But if he's only got 20 minutes to save the world, I think it would have been nice if he'd done it whilst having tea and cake in a little English tea shop. Now that would have been impressive.

In fact I am dissapointed that tea wasn't even mentioned at all. I thought everyone knew that a freshly regenerated Time Lord liked a nice cup of tea. Shame, he didn't even realise he wanted a cuppa, no wonder the apple and yoghurt didn't go down well.

And I'm still confused by the duck pond... there must be more to that than meets the eye.

And we got a flashback sequence! OK, Cybermen and Daleks from the new series, among some others, but who spotted the old series style Sontaran, quickly followed by a Sea Devil, and then, more strangely one of those Hath fishpeople from 'The Doctor's Daughter', which as we all know was set on the planet Messaline, so very odd that they pop up here in a roll call of Earth invaiders.

I'll give it a generous 8/10, which considering the handicaps of having to introduce a new Doctor and companion (plus a new production team) gives me high hopes for the rest of the season. Really I think it should be less than this, but I've given an extra point for Amy's legs.

I'm hoping the new series will draw me out of my winter lethargy and that I may even get to develop this crazy little blog a little more... you never know, stranger things have happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment